The Commission on Dietetic Registration administers valid, reliable, and rigorous credentialing processes to protect the public and meet the needs of CDR credentialed practitioners, employers and consumers.
I am a licensed and registered dietitian based in North Carolina. I have a passion for assisting individuals in feeling better through simple changes to their diet and lifestyle. This dedication arose from my own health challenges caused by food sensitivities and blood sugar imbalances. It continues through the joy I get from seeing others regain their health using the powerful tools of nutrition and movement.
We are complicated beings and I’ve found that healing rarely occurs from dietary changes alone (although it certainly can). I have seen the greatest impact on one’s health and wellbeing when lifestyle changes, such as exercise and meditation/contemplation, are also incorporated. This is because stress is a contributing factor to so many of our health issues, and we do not often recognize the dire consequences that it can cause to our health.
I am also a nutrition science geek and I obsessively follow the evolving nutrition science. One cannot expect nutrition science to remain static when our tools for researching and measuring are constantly being upgraded. Thus, I stay up-to-date on nutrition research and it always informs my practice.
- Eating Disorders
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Healthy Eating – Wellness
- Heart Health
- Immune Disorders
- Kidney Disease
- Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Weight Management
I would love to help you achieve your goals so you can feel better, and thrive.
Interested in working together or learning more? Click the button below and schedule a 10-15 minute call to discuss your goals and how I can help.
Credentials and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science with a double-major in Dietetics as well as in Nutrition and Health – Kansas State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Education – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Food Protection Manager Certification, ServSafe
- 500-Hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Certification – Subtle Yoga, Asheville, NC
- Yoga for People with Cancer Teacher Training Certification – Integral Yoga, Buckingham, VA
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification – Sivananda, Neyaar Dam, India
Memberships and Affiliations
- US Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- NC Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group